In the Trenches for Truth: Looking Back on the Career of IC's Jeff Cohen (4/19/18)
Do U.S. Oligarchs Exist? Not in Mainstream Media (4/10/18)
Same Old Media Parade: Why Are Liberals Cheering? (3/26/18)
Edward S. Herman: Master of Dissent 1925-2017 (11/14/17)
*** OREGON TOUR SCHEDULE, MAY/JUNE 2018 ***
- TUES. MAY 22, SALEM: 6:30pm screening/Q&A at Salem Public Library, 585 Liberty St. SE
- WED. MAY 23, CORVALLIS: Noon reception on OSU campus (MU 109)
- WED. May 23, EUGENE: 5-7pm No Host Reception, Cafe Soriah, 384 W. 13th Ave. (Donations, benefit for KEPW Community Radio 97.3 FM)
- THURS. MAY 24, EUGENE: Noon to 2pm Meet & greet reception with pizza in UO EMU Cedar Room 231
- THURS. MAY 24, EUGENE: 6pm screening/Q&A at Bijou Theater, 492 E. 13th Ave. (Advance tickets recommended)
- FRI. MAY 25, FLORENCE: 6:30pm screening/Q&A at Florence Public Library, 1460 9th St.
- SAT. MAY 26, ASHLAND: 6:30pm screening/Q&A at Unitarian Universalist Church, 87 4th St.
- Mon. MAY 28, EUGENE: 5-9pm Meet & Greet and Dinner at Mazzi’s Italian Restaurant, 3377 E. Amazon Dr. (benefits KEPW Community Radio 97.3 FM if voucher used – pick up at Growers or Tsunami Books)
- SUN. JUNE 3, PORTLAND: 6:30pm screening/Q&A at the First Unitarian Church, Buchan Rooms, 1211 SW Main St. (Sliding scale donation $10 up)
Jeff Cohen, media critic and lecturer, was founding director of the Park Center for Independent Media at Ithaca College, where he was an associate professor of journalism. He is the author of Cable News Confidential: My Misadventures in Corporate Media. He has been a TV commentator at CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, and was senior producer of MSNBC’s Phil Donahue primetime show until it was terminated three weeks before the Iraq invasion. Cohen founded the media watch group FAIR in 1986, and cofounded the online activist group RootsAction.org in 2011. His columns on media issues have been published online at such websites as HuffingtonPost, CommonDreams and Alternet—and in dozens of dailies, including USA Today, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Atlanta Constitution, and Miami Herald.
Cable News Confidential: My Misadventures in Corporate Media
WATCH Jeff on Democracy Now! about Cable News Confidential
WATCH Jeff on The Real News Network on Democrats, Progressives and Obama
*LISTEN: "Information Wars" on corporate media (from Jackson Browne’s album Looking East)